Wednesday, October 28, 2009

never forgotten...

Dickie Brinson

Some of you know and others don't, but on October 17 Dickie, the director of the FSU circus (during my time there and way before) died of a heart attack. He was such a character. Dickie was a great person, funny, happy, master of the rubics cube and bop it, he made amazing blueberry cobbler (I've made it...it's his recipe), he was always there to back people up, generous and kind. There are so many stories... Here are a few links where you can read other people's stories. He was such a big part of mine and Evan's life and visiting the circus will not be the same without him.
Facebook site:

Obituary:

Article about Dickie:

This pic is from Megan & Hunter's wedding this Feb.
Dickie and his girls.

Dickie presenting me with my award in 2006.
Bola Bolisima
I truly can't believe it has been 7 years since Bola became our angel in heaven. To this day I cry everytime I think of her (just like right now). Maybe she was my emotional turning point?...I used to never cry (ask Tia Tere and Kika, they know). I'm now an emotional wreck.
Anyway, I always think of how much she would have loved all these moments in our lives little and big...weddings, kids but also things like a silly dance, the cakes we've made, what we wear. I just picture her sitting on our couch or in the kitchen just smiling. She was always happy and excited. Her reaction is what I always think about....a smile with a little cheer. With her there was always a way and things would get done.
I guess the toughest thing is ....how do you describe her to someone who never met her, because in my mind, my description just doesn't do her justice. And, I never feel they truly understand how awesome she was because they never met her. My solice is that I did, and that those who did meet her DO know just how amazing she was...even those that met her only once. I'll never forget the time she cleaned Valeria's throat before our Regional track meet...I don't know if it worked, but she offered and cleaned MY friend's throat... She kept clothes that we had outgrown and she knew exactly what family needed it and who it would fit. If not, she would taylor it. Her patchwork was amazing(ly durable)...She didn't just know what was going on with everyone around her, she would help in any way she could.
I love her to death and wish she was still here.







1 comment:

  1. Oye Chica!!!! Time to update!! Write about your first ultrasound experience <3 P.S. I love my little niece/nephew!!!!

    ReplyDelete