Sunday, May 29, 2011

8 Month-a-roonie

I'm not going to lie, the 1st month or two after Audrey was born felt like 6 months. You get comments on facebook like "omg I can't believe she is already one month old" and I thought "Are you sure she isn't 4 months old?" But now, I swear it's been a week, and a month has flown by!

I'm EIGHT MONTHS OLD. It's True!!!

At eight months she is....

CRAWLING like a little soldier. She may stay low to the ground and clean the floors but the kid can move. Her favorite things to crawl towards are phones and shoes.

Look at me. I just made it to the bookshelf after knocking down the basket of toys!


falling asleep ON HER OWN for naps and at night. We used to put her to sleep in arms at night time but she is too curious and won't fall asleep. She is even doing it without crying. We go into her room, I place her stuffed animal in a certain spot on her bed, turn on her music, give her kisses and say "te quiero mucho", and place her in her crib. She automatically turns to the opposite side of her stuffed animal(?), hugs the crib bumper, sticks her thumb in her mouth and she is out.

EATING REAL FOOD in addition to baby food. She has eaten oatmeal, bananas, couscous, eggs, peas, and red beans (that's all I can think of).

NOT SCREAMING as much. She likes to mainly scream only when she sees other kids and dogs but it is not constant or as much.

going through HATING THE CAR phase again. I hope she get over it soon.

LEARNING to KICK in the pool (she has no idea what she is doing but I reinforce it). I like that she is hearing the word "KICK" since it was a special part of my running days. Although not in the same context that I heard it in or with the same inflection maybe one day she will hear it too.

amused by us trying to teach her "mama" "papa" "clap your hands" "wave" etc...

doing a couple of things for the FIRST TIME like SITTING UP FROM LAYING DOWN(Neither Evan nor I saw her do it but she did it, somehow) and PULLING UP in her crib from the sitting position. I sat her in her crib with toys while I put away her clean clothes and when I turned around she was standing (extremely wobbly but super excited).

Last month I said she learned how to splash. We added a drum to the flailing arms to show her how to bang on the drum. Ta-da!
Bamboleoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment