
I know, I can't seem to decide. One second she is my gordita and the next she is my linguini/ spaghetti. The thing is, she is a little bit of both...the perfect balance. She is such a little cutie.
These days she continues to sleep through the night with the occasional hiccup. I continue to thank God for the gift of sleep. It seems that the more mommies and babies we meet, all of which have been older than Audrey, tell me about their 5 or 6 hours of sleep. I can't imagine how unpleasant I would be. We also started working on her falling asleep on her own. Before the naysayers "nay", I would like to say it was a necessary skill she needed to learn. She was having trouble falling asleep and fighting so much she would just scream. Now, I still rock/ carry her to sleep at least once a day but she can also be put down in her crib and cry for 5 minutes before dozing off. It especially helped in the car and stroller. Because she can let herself fall asleep, she is crying (less) in the car (with less intensity too) and I can actually take her out on the stroller again.
She got her ears pierced and looks so cute. I can't wait to change them into one of the pairs she has been given. She has 3 pairs beautiful earrings.
She is rolling over more easily everyday. From her back to her belly she is a pro, not so much in the other direction. In the last two weeks she has started to occasionally tuck in a knee for crawling but isn't really close to actually doing it.

She also LOVES to stand. For the most part she can be crying and if you hold her little hands and pull her up so she can stand, she will stop crying. She has also improved standing and playing in her exersaucer (SP?) and jumperoo. She is reaching out to grab things constantly and sticks them in her mouth right away. Put it in front of her and it Will end up in her mouth.
She has also added some cool new sounds and screams (both happy and sad) to her repitour.
Since my last post, she is now eating. She eats whole wheat cereal, butternut squash, yellow squash, peas, and broccoli. Today she tried lentils and well, she didn't' really like them. I think it was the texture but we will try again tomorrow. She didn't like broccoli the first time either, she almost gag with every spoonful. Now, she eats it like a pro (kinda). She only eating food at lunch time and cereal for breakfast and dinner. We'll start changing it up soon.


She just woke up from her nap so...ttfn!
she's adorable!!!!! i love you mama kara!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the update. Hard to believe the little munchkin is 5 months!
ReplyDelete